The Yarra Valley is valuable for a number of reasons:
- It is an important area for native plants and animals
- It is home to two of Victoria’s most threatened species (the Helmeted Honeyeater and Leadbeaters Possum)
- It is a valuable and productive agricultural area
- It is a significant tourism region for visitors from Australia and overseas
- It provides opportunity for people to relax, enjoy food and wine and the stunning natural environment the Yarra Valley has to offer.
Collaboration between investors, businesses and the community is required to protect and improve the Yarra4Life area. The Yarra4Life program facilitates this collaboration to achieve progress towards the program aims.
If you are interested in helping to protect and improve the Yarra4Life area and its values please contact Melbourne Water.